Founded in 1979, the Company is located at The Insurance Hall at 20 Aldermanbury, a building which the Company can call its Hall but which is owned and managed by the Chartered Insurance Institute.
The aims of the Company are :
- To foster the business of Insurers and to provide social intercourse and mutual information between members of that business.
- To assist the relief of existing Members, retired Members or Members suffering hardship, and the wives, widows, children, orphans and others depending upon them.
- To accumulate funds for education in matters relating to the business of Insurers and scholarships, prizes and research in connection therewith, and for any charitable objects.
- To aid and assist the Chartered Insurance Institute and other societies connected with the business of Insurers whether professional, benevolent, social or otherwise.
- To support and encourage standards of honourable practice and encourage courtesy and ethical behaviour in conducting the business of Insurers.