Membership of a Livery Company entitles you, your guests and family, to attend an exciting and unique range of professional and social events held throughout the year; providing opportunities to meet regularly, both socially and professionally, with key people within the industry.
Most of our events are held in historic settings and come complete with the colourful pageantry and ceremony that is part and parcel of, and exclusive to, the City of London’s Livery Companies.
The Great Events
Each year we hold a number of formal events, held in the City of London’s stunning City Livery halls or the Palladian splendour of the Mansion House, home and office to the City’s Lord Mayor.
- Installation Dinner and Church Service.
- Two Winter Luncheons.
- Mansion House Banquet.
- Master's Summer Event.
- Common Hall - The Company’s Annual Meeting and Supper.
It’s not all formal
It’s not all pomp and ceremony however and there are numerous less formal functions and activities held throughout the year. On the first Friday of each month, members and their guests often meet for an informal and inexpensive lunch at the City University Club – a great opportunity to dine with peers and take a respite from the pressures of corporate life.
Other opportunities to get together include;
- Golfing with the Worshipful Company of Insurers Golfing Society (the WIGS).
- Inter-Livery sailing, shooting and of course, the hotly contested Shrove Tuesday Pancake Race.
- Cultural visits to major museums.
- WCI party at the Lord Mayor's Show
- Pancake Race